Do i need to add lemon juice when canning stewed tomaotes ?Next >>
Since tomatoes are acidic and different varieties have a different percentage of acidity in them, lemon juice is added to balance out the acidity in the tomato juice while canning. This helps in preserving the canned tomato juice for a longer period without any change in its taste. Extra acidity is cut off by adding sugar.
- how much salt & lemon juice when canning stewed tomatoes ?
- What is the benefit of using lemon juice while canning tomato juice?
- What is the importance of lemon juice in canned tomato juice?
- Is it necessary to add lemon juice while canning tomato juice?
- why do you have to put lemon juice in canning tomato juice ?