Pretzel is a good anytime snack, and you can easily make it on your own. The following instructions will give you an idea of how to make it.
· Make a smooth dough with flour, butter, water, sugar, salt, and yeast.
· Cover the dough and keep it aside for an hour and let it rise.
· Once raised, divide the dough into equal sized balls.
· Roll each ball into a rope and make a U-shape facing you.
· Pick the two ends and cross them over eachother .
· Take the ends again and cross from left to right, forming a knot.
· Lift the ends again and secure it to the top to form the pretzel shape.
· Place each pretzel in boiling water and remove.
· Brush it with egg yolk and bake until golden brown.
Here is a whole wheat soft pretzel recipe for you to try.