How many peaches in a can of peaches ?Next >>
The amount of peaches needed to make canned peaches depends upon the size of the can which is to be filled.
Process yields (Raw amounts to processed amounts)
• 2 to 2½ pounds of fresh peaches yields 1 quart canned
• It takes about 5 good sizes peaches or nectarines (or about 10 plums) to fill one quart jar of canned peaches.
• An average of 17½ pounds of fresh peaches are needed per canner load of 7 quarts;
• An average of 11 pounds is needed per canner load of 9 pints.
• 1 bushel = 48 to 50 pounds, yields approximately 18 to 25 quart jars.
(source : http://www.pickyourown.org/peachpickingtips.htm)
- how many peaches does a can of peaches contain ?
- how many peaches are in a can of peaches ?