Do you like payday bars? Then you can make them easily at home with a few simple ingredients.
For the crust
Yellow cake mix – 1 box
Egg – 1
Melted butter - -1/3rd cup
Marshmallows – 3-5 cups
For the topping
Light corn syrup – 2/3rd cup
Butter – 1/4th cup
Vanilla – 2 tsp
Peanut butter chips – 2 cups
Rice crispy cereal – 1 ½ cups
Salted peanuts - 2 cups
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a 9 x9 baking tray with cooking spray
3. Mix all the dry ingredients of the crust together and form a thick crumbly mixture
4. Press this into the tray and bake for 15 minutes
5. Sprinkle the crust with the marshmallows and bake for 3 minutes till soft and puffy.
6. In a large saucepan, tip in the topping ingredients and melted. Combine well and spoon into the prepared crust. Set aside to cool and then chill for atleast one hour.
7. Cut into small squares and serve