Flowering herb chamomile is the wonderful home grown natural first aid treatment that has multiple uses. The sweet pineapple like fragrance of this herb makes it a powerful natural sedative. Apart from this, here are a few of the other beneficial ways of using this European herb:-
- Relieve yourself from constant bouts of stomach ailments by drinking chamomile tea every morning.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic (fever and pain reducing) properties.
- Because of the presence of special compound called coumarin, the leaves of this herb are used to treat pink eye infection (one of the common eye infections during rainy season).
- Fresh flowers of chamomile are used to treat skin allergies, rashes, and insect bites.
- Mix chamomile juice with lemon juice and use it as an instant hair conditioner.
- Drinking chamomile tea eliminates the swellings and sprains of joints.
Read more the health benefits of chamomile tea!