Drinking elderberry juice can be healthy in many ways, provided you reduce the sugar content of the juice. The fruit is abundant with the following nutrients that help keep various disease conditions at bay:
· Vitamin C – This is found in abundance in elderberries. This provides your body the power to fight against diseases. It also helps in building collagen, a necessary component for a healthy skin.
· Vitamin A – Good for vision and helps improve fertility.
· Fiber – Lots of fiber in your diet can keep digestive ailments from surfacing. It prevents constipation, stomach upset, or diarrhea.
· Antioxidants – These protect the body from the damage caused by free radicals. This includes protection from major diseases like cancer, kidney disease, and heart disease.
· Vitamin B6 – Helps with the breaking up and usage of proteins, which is very essential for cell health.
Learn more about the health benefits of elderberry here.